While our previous Seller Dynamics blog posts have encouraged you to do your Christmas shopping online and avoid the crowded shops and cold weather this year, make sure you know your Christmas delivery deadlines so that everything arrives in time for the big day. Online shopping is great. It’s an easy procedure and a lot of the time it can offer you big savings but none of that will matter if your delivery arrives on your doorstep after Christmas. This year, Amazon have extended their deadline date for package delivery, albeit at a higher cost the later you order. By positioning themselves a last-minute Christmas shopping outlet, they are now competing on a new level against the high street in the retail Christmas frenzy.
To put your mind at ease before making your order, here are a few key dates below to help ensure that your online shopping is delivered before December 25th.
(Make sure to double check the delivery method when you make an order)
ROYAL MAIL (UK Deliveries)
- Thursday 13th December: The last recommended posting day (for pre-Christmas delivery) for ALL Standard and Mail Order Return parcels
- Tuesday 18 December: The last recommended posting day for Second Class and Recorded Signed For
- Thursday 20 December: The last recommended posting day for First Class and Recorded Signed For
UK Special Delivery
- Friday 21 December: Christmas deadline for Special Delivery orders with Saturday delivery guaranteed
- Saturday 22 December: Christmas deadline Special Delivery orders.
Amazon.co.uk use the Royal Mail for their standard deliveries so the same Royal Mail deadlines will apply. However, if you do miss those Christmas delivery deadlines don’t panic, as Amazon are guaranteeing pre-Christmas deliveries for orders that are placed even as late as Christmas Eve!
- Thursday 13th December: The Royal Mail deadline for ALL Standard and Mail Order Return parcels – this is the standard mailing option on Amazon
- Tuesday 18th December: Christmas delivery deadline for orders using Amazon’s FREE Super Saver Delivery order (one time only)
- Tuesday 18th December: Deadline to order and have large items delivered before Christmas
- Saturday 22nd December: Deadline to order to delivery locations before Christmas. All orders must be made by 11am GMT
- Sunday 23rd December: Last available day for a pre-Christmas one day delivery service. All orders must be made by 11am GMT
- Monday 24th December: Evening delivery can be made in selected cities but only if orders are made by 9.30 am GMT
Ideally you’ll have all your gifts organised by now although in reality this is never the case as there’s always that one last-minute gift you have to buy. However, now that you know the key posting deadlines, there’s no need to subject yourself to chaotic shopping malls and panic buying from a sea of sparsely packed shelves. Your parcels are just one click away and Santa and his army of delivery elves will look after you…only if you play by the deadline rules of course!